We aren't talking Legos, action figures, video games. We are talking about the mud tearing, water surfing, engine roaring adult toys we all know and love!
These motorized big toys are fun, and we can take for granted how important it is to operate them safely. If you are new to handling of powersports or are a seasoned pro, here are some reminders on general safety.
- Wear gear such as helmets, goggles, gloves and boots - the works. This is not where you do not want to skimp as there are no seatbelts on an ATV, Dirt Bike.
- Don't ride alone. Any activity where accidents can and do happen its never a good idea to be alone. Running out of gas or getting lost is never any fun but its worse if you are alone.
- No Drinking and Riding. It's not safe in a car and it's not safe on an ATV, watercraft or dirt bike. Keeping yourself and others out of jeopardy is the smart thing to do.
- Ride on Designated Trails. Don't ride anywhere but a designated riding area. Ride where its legal, be a good steward of the sport.
- Be Aware. Know your surroundings, looking ahead so you can see what's coming, especially around turns and bumps are fun but if you hit one unexpectedly you can get bounced right off.
If you have questions about insuring your toys, talk to Darla at Idaho Insurance Agency.